Rome

Flaminio Obelisk

The obelisk derives its name from the Flaminia road. The second oldest obelisk in Rome, it is 24 m high, but thanks to its base it reaches a height of 34 m. It was built during the kingdom of Pharaoh Ramesses II (12th century BC) and placed in the Temple of Sun in Heliopolis; brought to Rome by command of Augustus, it went missing and was found in 1587 broken into three pieces. The recomposition work was commissioned to Domenico Fontana by Pope Sisto V; once work was completed the obelisk was erected in its current location.

Between 2005 and 2006, Urban Vision managed the sponsorship that funded its restoration, which focused on the improvement of the base, cleansing of the marble and washing of the surface including the parts in bronze.

Partners

Bnl
Warner Bros
Samsung
Peroni
Phard
Braccialini
Ford
Adidas
Nespresso
Polizia di Stato
Regione Sicilia