The fountain is a splendid work of Pietro Bernini placed just below the steps of Trinità dei Monti in Piazza di Spagna. Originally the fountain was placed at the feet of the pincio hill just below the church of Trinita’ dei Monti and the stairway was built as the one hundred years after its creation. The theme of this work is taken up by the flood of 1598 that allowed the boats to get to the place where the fountain now stands: it also takes its name from the boats that were used in medieval times for the transport of goods along the River. It was Pope Urban VIII commissioned in 1627 to Pietro Bernini, Gian Lorenzo Bernini helped by his son, had to overcome some technical obstacles to realize his work in that area in fact, the Virgin aqueduct water, which still feeds the fountain, had a pressure is too low to allow the construction of fountains or waterfalls. He solved this problem by designing the shape of the boat under water and placing it below the road surface with fountains that come out from the stern and the bow.